Top-rated virtual marriage and couples therapy Texas-wide!
Did you know…
According to research, the average couple waits six years before seeking help for marital problems. Perhaps your relationship is declining in satisfaction, or you’ve had recent or chronic unresolved conflict. You may be avoiding, detaching, or simply losing hope for improvement. You want to rebuild the trust, attachment, respect, and are looking for tools to increase healthy communication.
Some of the signs your relationship can benefit from couples’ counseling include:
- Escalating conflict and nasty communication habits.
- Emotional distance and loneliness.
- Falling out of love, i.e. “I love you, but I’m not in love with you.”
- Trust and commitment issues.
- Attachment insecurities, low self-worth and fears of abandonment. This can include extreme dependence, which leads to intrusive behaviors. But it can also include extreme independence, which can make a partner feel like they’re not a priority.
- Feeling unsupported and emotionally dismissed or difficulty with opening up.
- Intimacy and desire issues.
- Difficulties with in-laws, friendships, work, or life stressors including health issues, finances, parenting differences.
- Abuse, affairs, and addictions (alcohol, drugs, porn, etc.) (*see below)
- Things feeling unfair in the division of household chores or decision making.
- Untreated anxiety and depression issues that complicate things in the relationship.
- Difficult childhood upbringings that have emotionally wounded partners and make it difficult to trust your partner or stay engaged when conflict arises.
Maribel is trained in the three levels of the Gottman Method. She is also a Gottman Leader in the Seven Principles of Making Marriage Work. Let’s review your relationship strengths and challenges by taking a “Gottman Relationship Checkup” to create an effective treatment plan. You will then engage in customized couples’ activities in our sessions to gain the tools in the areas which need improvement; in this way, treatment is more focused and efficient. If you’re not ready for weekly sessions, please consider The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work Seminar, to get an overview of concepts. It’s a class, not therapy, and it is delivered in an educational format with no pressure to share personal situations.
Fortunately, empirically-based couples therapy has demonstrated that couples therapy can create a positive change for 70% of couples, and these changes last.
*If there is abuse (emotional, verbal, physical, drugs, alcohol) in the relationship, clients will need to be assessed individually to see if couples’ counseling is the best option.)
Disclosure: “While we have taken training in the Gottman Method Couples Therapy, I want you to know that Minds In Action Counseling, employees, and/or independent contractors are completely independent in providing you with clinical services, and I, alone, am fully responsible for those services. The Gottman Institute or its agents have no responsibility for the services you receive.”