We can collaborate to meet your needs!
- Licensed Professional Counselor Associate- You’re excited, your associate license came in and now you’re deciding to work for a school, agency, private practice or a combination of those sites. Finding an LPC-Supervisor you connect with is essential, feel free to make an appointment to review your needs and discover if we are a good fit. I have treated clients of all ages from 18 months to late 60’s with a wide variety of presenting concerns. My experience serving others spans almost 20 years, as a Teacher, School Counselor and the last 12-plus years as a Therapist exclusively in Private Practice. I know how to grow a busy and exciting practice from scratch and I’m happy to pay it forward supervising up and coming Professionals.
- Registered Play Therapists- You’re a Professional in your field and currently specializing in this modality to better treat children and their parents. My experience using Child-Centered Play Therapy and Humanistic Sand-Tray Therapy go back to 2008. I have treated thousands of children over the years, with presenting concerns such as anxiety, depression, cognitive delays, behavioral problems, attachment issues, divorce reaction, ADHD, grief, trauma and more. Due to my strong belief in the use of Play Therapy to help children and their families, I volunteered my time in the Rio Grande Valley Chapter of The Texas Play Therapy Association as a Board Member and President.
- Graduate Students-You are working hard in your classes, usually juggling a job, family and schoolwork. Maybe you need an interview for your class, a short-term site to get some hours done or simply guidance from someone “who’s been there”. With a high adherence to the Ethics Code, we can work together to create a project in which you can get some experience if your needs and my setting match.
- Licensed Professionals- You are ready to launch your private practice and want to do it along other professionals in an established
environment? Then this is the place for you! Please contact me for a private consultation to review your professional needs. Join the Team!
- Coming Soon
Continuing Education Units (CEU’s), via E-Learning in Progress. Check back soon! (Summer 2021)
Needing a Presenter for Mental Health Topics?
Maribel is an engaging and dynamic presenter with experience in a wide variety of topics. Let’s collaborate to meet your needs depending on your goals or audience.
Presentations and interviews can be done in English and Spanish!
• Topics for radio or TV interviews: Anxiety, Depression, Marriage, and Parenting
The topics below were customized for specific live audiences, Due to social distancing or having to work from home, we can accommodate to present using Zoom.
If you have a topic in mind, please contact me to collaborate.
- Presentations for your office staff are also available about stress and coping skills due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic. We can tailor presentation for your specific needs
- The Seven Principles of Making Marriage Work
- Techniques to Increase the Father-Child Attachment
- Stress Management
- Using Emotional Coaching Techniques-an Introduction to Effective Parenting
An Involved Father: A Safeguard for Girls
- I’m Not for Hurting-Using Play Therapy Skills in the Treatment of Trauma in Children
- Enhancing Client Expression and Healing Through the Use of Sand Tray Therapy: Using Sand Tray with Client who Resist, Block and Avoid, From Tweens to Adults
- Expressive Play Therapy: An Overview of Creative Art Techniques to Promote Self-Awareness in Clients
- Introduction to Play Therapy
- Using Sand Tray Therapy with Adolescents, Adults, and Families
- The ABC’s of Child Centered Play Therapy Themes
- Understanding, Processing and Addressing the Play Themes in Child Centered Play Therapy
- The Portable Play Therapist: Activities to Use Outside the Playroom
- Yes, We Can Play! Play Therapy Interventions with Pre-teen and Teen Clients