Amy is a compassionate and practical therapist who is passionate about walking alongside her clients to help them find immediate improvements in coping and the ability to heal long-held trauma. Amy is both a Licensed Professional Counselor Associate and Licensed School Counselor who has worked in schools, prevention programs for at-risk youth, non-profit agencies, and private practice settings. Amy works with children, adolescents, adults, families and groups from all backgrounds and beliefs. Amy has helped many clients find personal relief and resolution for a range of concerns, such as Depression, anxiety, issues that influence academic and job performance, self-esteem issues, grief and loss, anger management, parenting, life transitions, trauma, women’s issues, and others.
Her therapeutic style integrates insight-based talk therapy, mindfulness, with experiential modalities such as Sand tray, expressive arts, and Play Therapy. This helps Clients access inner parts of themselves, improve stress tolerance, meet personal goals, and find resolution for present concerns and/or long-held trauma.
Amy also offers individual parent coaching and group classes based on No-Drama Discipline concepts and curriculum, to increase parent effectiveness, reduce family conflict, and strengthen attachment between parent and child. Amy is a former educator and school counselor and has completed extensive training in Play Therapy.
Amy offers a sliding-fee scale and has both in-person appointments and distance counseling options to suit the needs of her clients.
In her free time, Amy enjoys painting, home decor, and crafts; spending time with her husband and grown children, gardening, riding bikes, taking walks, doing Yoga, and walking her Boston Terrier.
- Master’s of Arts, Professional Counseling from Amberton University
- Master’s of Arts, School Counseling from Amberton University
- Play Therapy course, Dr. Stephen Armstrong, University of Texas A&M Commerce
- Child-centered Play Therapy training, University of North Texas
- TF-CBT course, Medical University of South Carolina
- Adlerian Play Therapy training, with Linda Homeyer, PhD
- Adlerian Play Therapy training, with Terri Kottman, PhD
- Sand-tray based Therapy, with Marshall Lyles, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S
Amy is self-pay only and does not accept insurance. She sees clients 10+ and offers a sliding scale. Her fee is $60-$90 per session.
Amy is a Licensed Professional Counselor Associate practicing under the supervision of Maribel Corona M.Ed., LPC-S, RPT-S
- ADHD and learning differences
- Adjustment difficulties
- Anger Management
- Behavioral Issues
- Bipolar Disorder
- Child or Adolescent
- 504 process and classroom learning accommodations
- Coping Skills
- Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Disturbance
- Family Conflict
- Grief and loss
- Life Coaching
- Life Transitions
- Parent consultation and skills coaching
- Peer Relationships
- Pregnancy, Prenatal, Postpartum
- School Issues
- Self Esteem issues
- Suicidal Ideation
- Women’s issues